Often the bride and groom set a theme for the wedding and, with so many great dress options available for guests, finding the right dress which also fits the theme can be quite hard to decide on.
Elisa Rhodes is the Assistant Dresses Buyer at M&S who recommends doing your research prior to selecting your wedding guest attire.
Inspiration for wedding themes this year is likely to be taken from a number of current events, for example the 1920’s look is predicted to be popular (perhaps due to the upcoming UK release of The Great Gatsby film) and so is a royally-inspired wedding theme.
Here, Elisa provides her top five tips for dressing for a Royally-inspired wedding theme:
- Navy and gold are set to be a popular colour theme for weddings this year due to the last royal wedding and the elegant, regal connotations of the colours.
- Navy offers a sophisticated twist on black whilst giving a slightly less conservative look
- Lace fabrics are also big news for wedding wear this year after Kate Middleton stunned in her gorgeous lace wedding dress
- Avoid any dresses which are too low cut – if the Duchess of Cambridge wouldn’t wear it, then it’s probably not fit for a royal-esque wedding
- Don’t forget a pair of nude or cream court shoes, a simple shoe which matches most outfits (and is a trusty staple favourite by Kate too)
Why not take a look at the current selection of navy and gold dresses online at M&S here: http://www.marksandspencer.com/Dresses-Womens/b/43091030
We would love to hear your thoughts.
Feel free to comment below.